Sunday, July 22, 2007

MUSTANG


I had worked in Upper Mustang for my undergrad project paper. I worked there during the month of July and November in 2005. So far I have spent just 0.6% of my life in that part of the world, but, it has left such impression on me that I feel kind of attachment to that piece. I had been there for an ecological study, after spending for time with the people I was fascinated by the culture of the area. I am looking forward to work in that area again in my life. Everything is amazing there and it's a place worth visiting at least once in a lifetime. Each and everything was exciting for me. I never knew before that people are still living in caves. I would never have been able to feel the condition of the nomads if I hadn't got that chance to visit. Besides everything, the landscape of Upper Mustang, it's breathtaking. That experience was rewarding in all the ways.

13 comments:

प्रज्वल said...

I am also keen on visiting those trans himalayan zones. It would be great if you post more pictures from there (if you have some)

Anonymous said...

I wish I were in Mustang at least once!
त्यहाँको culture ले fascinate त गरेछ, कस्तो हो नि त्यो fascinating culture,त्यस बारेमा नि एस्सो कुनै दिन अल्छि लाग्या बेला भए पनि लेख्नु भए हाम्ले पनि vicariously भए'नि था' पाउँथेउँ क्यारे।

Anonymous said...

hi, am subas from bagar pokhara www.funzs.blogspot.com n may i know about u

Anita said...

Prajwol that place is worth visiting. I would recommend. Enjoy more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Keshuvko said:..



Nice place!
I remember you recommending you Jomsom last time.... Hope I can make it to the place this year. :)



Take care

Anonymous said...

errrrrrrr

***your recommending me **

Anonymous said...

errrrrrrr

***you recommending me ******

Anonymous said...

errrrrrrr

***you recommending me ******

A said...

Having looked at pictures of Mustang and other places from Nepal, I realized how less I knew of my own country.

Anita said...

Subash,
I am from Rastrabank chowk/Airport area.

Anita said...

Hey Sarad,
maile yaha lekhe tyako culture bhane khallo huncha. I think I should explain to Keshav so he can put in words. He is a good writer.

Anita said...

Hey Anitya,
These are only couple of examples. If you visit that place you will find much more amazing things.

Anita said...

So, Keshav kahile jane ta timi Jomsom. I am planning to go there again. timi jane time chahi ma bhanda pachi huncha ki ke ho.